Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Have A Nice Day

 I had a lot of ideas for this card, but it was one that just kept morphing in the process..I knew I wanted to mask off the hexagons to underline a sentiment, but had a hard time finding one to fit. I ended up using the tiny sentiment from the My Favorite Things Vanity License Plate set. I also wanted to incorporate one of my only embossing folders as a coordinating background. 

Here you can see the embossing better. I popped the sentiment up on a layer of Dear Lizzy patterned paper and some super thin foam Adhesive to keep it CAS.

I've been slowly trying to learn how to embellish my cards..I finally found a place for one of my decorative brads from My Mind's Eye! The colors went perfectly with the ribbon and patterned paper.

My card was based on this sketch, as part of the CAS(E) this sketch challenge #44!

SUPPLIES:
PAPER: White Cardstock, Dear Lizzy - Lucky Charm 6x6 Paper Pad, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Set - Honeycomb STAMPS/DIES: My Favorite Things - Vanity License Plate, American Crafts My Girl Collection - Noteworthy INK: Versafine Onyx Black EMBELLISHMENTS: American Crafts Baker's Twine, My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing Round Brads (Tangerine) TOOLS: Fiskars Compact Stamp Press, Scotch ATG Adhesive, Foam Adhesive

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I love how you used the hexagon coverplate as a background!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete